[Sharing a memory] Video of landings in Funchal with crosswinds


londonfog

Moderatore
Socio AIAC 2026
8 Luglio 2012
11,467
3,982
72
Londra
authorsilvano.substack.com
I know this will bore a number of people but... fortyfive years ago I started my training as a pilot (Lufty :D), when I "graduated" to the flight simulator our instructor used to start with the question "How many people do you have in the back?"
Landing in Madeira was one of the simulation I did several times, when it went wrong he used to say "You have xxxx dead bodies behind you, and you may be dead as well".

I found this video on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvwkur4boaQ

In my short career as a pilot I never landed in Madeira, but my best day as a trainee was when I managed to "land" the simulator successfully in Madeira with cross-winds. I still remember the instructor comment "They are all alive, some may need a change of underwear!"
 
I know this will bore a number of people but... fortyfive years ago I started my training as a pilot (Lufty :D), when I "graduated" to the flight simulator our instructor used to start with the question "How many people do you have in the back?"
Landing in Madeira was one of the simulation I did several times, when it went wrong he used to say "You have xxxx dead bodies behind you, and you may be dead as well".

I found this video on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvwkur4boaQ

In my short career as a pilot I never landed in Madeira, but my best day as a trainee was when I managed to "land" the simulator successfully in Madeira with cross-winds. I still remember the instructor comment "They are all alive, some may need a change of underwear!"

Mi autoquoto per scusarmi di averlo scritto in Inglese. Credetemi me ne sono accorto solo adesso che mi ricollego al forum dopo un paio d'ore.
 


Chi Siamo

  • AviazioneCivile.it è il portale online dell’Associazione Italiana Aviazione Civile (AIAC), da oltre vent’anni un punto di riferimento nel panorama associativo di settore. La community nasce nel 2005 da un gruppo di appassionati, crescendo fino a diventare uno dei più seguiti forum in lingua italiana sul mondo dell’aviazione civile. Il forum annovera tra i propri iscritti professionisti del settore come piloti e assistenti di volo, manager del trasporto aereo e impiegati in compagnie aeree, aeroporti ed enti pubblici oltre che una forte base di viaggiatori e semplici appassionati.

Statistiche forum

Discussioni
80,909
Messaggi
1,763,240
Utenti registrati
11,351
Ultimo utente registrato
testabd

User Menu